Thursday, September 22, 2011

Past Relationships

Adrift you send me away
let me remember the slight touch of your fingers
i was cold when you find me
the warmth of your lips
was my first breath
your tongue like i could taste you
but you empty me out
and you pulled me away
as you kissed my lips for the last time
and threw me to the sea
within me your message
not for me but the next person who will
find me and open me up
once again, like you did

you won't see me again
even made the sea promise you that

i fear his slightest stroke
tight shut my eyes
still he caress the words you've written in me
he's reading them
each word, soft whispers
i hear you
you're reading this to me
like it was written to me
to me was your words of farewell

then he slipped your letter
back into me
slided
pushed
a tap
slowly,
carefully,
i let you
be gentle
i sighed

he brushed my lips
lighter than your kiss
the sands upon my toes
he dusted
then he looked through me
saw the sun through me
and the sea through me
before he threw me again
a bottle with a message

No comments:

Post a Comment